July 15, 2012
Introduction Whether you know it or not, the food you are eating every day is affecting you physically, mentally and emotionally. You are about to take on a Paleo Challenge that will change your life! For the next 6 weeks, you will eliminate all of those foods that were likely causing inflammation in your body (disrupting your sleep, giving you that lethargic feeling, causing aches and pains, affecting your skin, memory and digestion, etc.). By eating quality meat, vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts you will be amazed at how your body transforms, while your strength and conditioning in the gym sky rockets. Congratulations to you for taking on this journey...
The Paleo Challenge is 6 weeks, from July 15- August 25 Cost is $50 each - includes Whole30 nutrition guide, weekly food journal reviews, and cash prizes for top male and female winners.
Scoring (out of 100 points)
Food Logs (6 weeks, 1 point per day of 100% compliance) - up to 42 pts
• 1 pt is earned for 100% compliance that day. • Any cheats will receive a zero for that day. • Food logs for each week must be turned in by the following Wednesday of each week. Your first food log is due no later than Wed, July 25. Email logs to email@example.com. • Please record everything you eat and drink (and approximate amounts) throughout the day. For example, Breakfast - 3 eggs, a handful of spinach, a handful of portabella mushrooms all scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup of black tea, 12 oz glass of water.
Strength (1 max cycle of the Bear Complex) - 15 pts
• Difference in Strength will be ranked based on your percent difference between your start date and end date. • Workouts must be completed during the 1st (no later than Saturday July 21st) and last week of the challenge.
Conditioning (4 rounds: 400m run, 20 thrusters at #45/35, 15 pullups) - 15 pts
• Difference in the workout will be ranked based on your percent difference between your start date and end date. • Workouts must be completed during the 1st (no later than Saturday July 21st) and last week of the challenge.
Attendance (3x or more per week, up to 3 pts per week with no rollover) - 18 pts
• Your attendance will be tracked at the gym. • If you work out 2x one week, you can’t make up the point you missed by going 4x the next week. Being consistent on a week to week basis with your workouts, and not over-training will really help you achieve your goals.
Write-up - 10 pts
• Write a brief summary about your experience. What changes did you notice in yourself? We know this 6-week journey was not the easiest task, but so worth it to you now and in the long run. Be proud of your accomplishments and share it with others. We want to hear all about it!
Before/After Pictures (for scoring purposes, not for public viewing) - bonus pts
• Before/after pics and measurements must be taken at the gym sometime during that first (no later than Saturday July 21st) and final week. • Girls photos/measurements will be taken with Megan - shorts and sports bras. • Guys photos/measurements will be taken with one of the coaches - shorts, no shirts.
Good luck and stick with it!